Monday, May 15, 2006

Calabash International Literary Festival

I woke on Mother’s Day to an email from the Jamaica. Apparently, the folks at the Calabash Festival (lead by author Colin Channer) wanted to know if I was up to filling in for an author who couldn’t make it to the festival. What does this entail, I wondered? Well, turns out to be an expense-paid five day trip to Jamaica, to hang out with writers from around the world (many of them from Caribbean, Latino and African roots), to eat lovely food and dance to great music and bask in the sun. Oh, yeah, and also read and talk literature with what I hear is an enthusiastic audience.

I didn’t have to think about it long. I’m going. So if you happen to have the weekend of May 27-28th free consider a quick trip to Jamaica. Events are free, I think, and open to the public. I have the feeling it’s going to be a very good time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home