Saturday, September 02, 2006

Gabriel's Story, the film...

...is still a working possibility. I got an email from Uberto Pasolini, the producer behind The Full Monty and others. He's had the option for Gabriel's Story for a couple years now, and he's been working with the director Alan Taylor to get a script together and make it happen. Sounds like they're now on draft number three and are preparing to carry on with it. Glad to hear it. I've enjoyed the films these two have made together, The Emperor's New Clothes and Palookaville, and I'm certainly warmed by their lasting commitment to the project. It's a long road yet, but nice to know Gabriel may yet make an appearance on the big screen.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Allan said...

Taylor 's done some pretty cool stuff, especially The Soprano's. Sounds like it would be a great movie. Can't wait.

9:54 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Steve,

Thanks for that. I try not to think about it too much, but when I do I certainly get excited about it. When Uberto first mentioned Alan Taylor as a possible director I went and checked out his stuff. I'd seen plenty of his tv stuff already. (Most of us have, probably, whether we know it or not). But I was very pleased while watching Palookaville and The Emperor's New Clothes. They're both intelligent, well-acted and directed, and fun. No bells and whistles around them, but made with a solid attention to craft that I really respected. Also saw his early student film, starring a young John Leguizamo. No doubt it was a student film, but as such things go I thought it was strong.

None of these movies are anything like Gabriel's Story in content, but that makes me even more interested in what Alan will come up with.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home