Thursday, December 21, 2006

Three Amazon Milestones

Well, I noticed a few new things happened in Durham's Amazon life yesterday. One is that Pride of Carthage got it's 30th Amazon.com reader review! That's cool. Although, judging by the low star count, it wasn't a very nice one. But that leads to the second milestone...

For the first time ever I had no interest in reading the review. I noted it's existence and that was it. This is strange to me because I've always read all my reviews before - professional or amateur, good or bad. I didn't decide that I wasn't going to be as bothered about negative ones anymore. It just happened. I guess there have been enough good ones over the years that I finally reached a point of some equilibrium with the whole thing. The few bad reviews need not occupy my mental space anymore. Right? I've got too much work to do writing the next book, and then the next after that... That's what matters.

And the third thing is that somebody bought the first Amazon copy of Acacia! I know this because the book's sales ranking suddenly switched from None to #4,892,226. Yes, that means I'm almost five million slots away from the number one spot. But hey, the book is like six months away from publication. At least it's gotten a start. Thank you, whomever bought that first copy.

Oh, and if you click on that Acacia link anytime soon you may notice that the cover displayed isn't my book. I've been assured that'll change soon.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Allan said...

Breaking the Amazon top 5 million best-seller list - wow! I can't wait to tell people that I know you. :) Seriously, I think you'll shoot through at least 4.9 million spots by the end of the summer.

1:29 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Steve,

Thanks for that.

Hey, you're not going to be at the Stonecoast residency this time around, are you? How very weird. You'll be missed in a variety of ways...

1:38 PM  
Blogger Steve Allan said...

Yeah, I'm sure they're will be plenty of people who will "miss" me. :) I may actually make it down for one day - Lyman and I are only an hour and a half away.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home