Thursday, March 22, 2007

I Survived the Smithsonian


Actually, it was great fun. I was intimidated by the very idea of speaking at the Smithsonian, but when it came down to it I was blessed with a generous moderator, Fred Winter, a kind host, Melody Curtis, and an interested audience. What more could I ask for? Nobody shot me down with nasty questions (always a possibility), and the discussion was lively right up until the point that Melody pulled the plug. I'm very pleased, and happy to be home safe as well.

I got a little bit of publicity out of it, too. There was a pre-event write up in the Washington Post Express. I was fairly well-quoted and I'm happy with it. They used a photo of me that's a solid six years old, but that's okay too. Actually, I quite wish I still had those glasses. I don't know where my sense of style's gone...
Now, back to work...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Constance Brewer said...

I'm glad it went well. The Smithsonian, what fun! I was stationed in Washington briefly, we took every day off to go to the Smithsonian, or the Air and Space Museum. I miss living where there's culture at times. :)

11:04 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

I always love going back to DC. I grew up in the area, but I didn't appreciate it fully. Going back I can see how much is on offer there.

But, still, I'm inclined to live rurally. That's what we did in Scotland and in Massachusetts and it's where I'd like to eventually end up in California. More mountains, less people. That's fine with me.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Constance Brewer said...

Can't get more rural than Wyoming. More antelope, rabbits, cows and sheep than people. :)

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home