Saturday, April 28, 2007

Booklist's Top Ten Historical Audiobooks 2007


A wee surprise that has nothing to do with Acacia! I was checking out Booklist's online sight (yes, looking for their review of Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, Book 1)- no sign of it yet) when I came across a feature about the best historical audiobooks they'd reviewed last year. I was scrolling down, sort of half paying attention, when I noticed my own name... Gabriel's Story made the cut! Very strange, but there it was. The brief note said...

In 1871, Gabriel Lynch, a discontented African American teen, runs away and joins a band of marauding cowboys. (Thomas) Penny's deliberate reading allows the masterful prose to shine.

Lovely, and nice to be reminded that my world doesn't entirely revolve around Acacia. Congrats to Thomas Penny as well. He certainly did a great job.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home