Thursday, May 24, 2007

Time.com

So I'm in a house and the internet works! The phone doesn't, but you can't have everything.

Here's news... Acacia: The War with the Mein was featured on Time.com, in their Summer Arts Preview. It's subtitled 50 Things to See, Hear, Read and Do This Summer - From the blockbusters you know about to the art exhibitions you should know about, we preview the pop culture events of the summer. Out of that 50 not that many are books.

The list includes movies, tv, music, etc. Shrek is there. Pirates are too. Harry Potter of course. R. Kelly. Annie Dillard, Ian McEwan, Paul McCartney, Bon Jovi, 50 Cent...

And me? Weird. Does this mean Acacia has "pop culture event" in its future?

That link above takes you to the main page of the article. The Acacia part is HERE.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger James McLauchlan Johnston said...

Wowsers, pop culture event eh? This is it, surely. Movie spin-off to come!
I noticed the Philip Pullman movie spin-off is due out this year.

Well done pal. I look forward to reading it this summer!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

Hey, that's awesome news. Bet it feels good, yeah?

Thanks for the email. Too bad Robert Gatewood doesn't have anything slated for release soon, so loved his first and only novel.

8:31 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Yeah. Feels good. In many ways all this stuff happens far, far away from me. In that regard it's sort of surreal. I'm literally not doing anything different from my end, but it seems like different things may be brewing regardless.

I'd be happy to see another Robert Gatewood book too. Let's hope it happens soon.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Gerry said...

David... this is amazing! And to think I have an unedited manuscript. I am going to wait a bit longer before I try to hawk it on eBay... (jk)

Nice work, my friend.
Gerry

4:44 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Gerry,

I should warn you that I put a Santoth curse on the manuscript. If it leaves your hands for profit all many of nastiness could be unleashed. You might want to hold onto it...

DAD.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home