Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Okay, so it's the day after...

Acacia's publication and the world spins on just as it always has. I'm still pleasantly aglow, though. I got quite a few emails yesterday, including one from a bookseller in Houston. He said that they'd put out their six copies of Acacia that morning and that by closing there was only one left. Sweet! I know it's just one store, but if similar things are happening elsewhere this book just might make something of itself.

I mentioned A Dribble of Ink yesterday. Well, today Aidan posted his review of Acacia. He was very kind.

Also, I came across my name on Dave Keck's Journal. The post is about Comic-Con, and apparently he's heard I'm going to be on a panel with him and, hopefully, Jacqueline Carey, Harry Turtledove, Christopher Golden, Peter David, Barbara Hambly, R.A. Salvatore and Mel Odom. Yikes, nobody told me about this! Yeah, I knew I was going, but didn't know I was set to mix with such prominent company. Funny thing is that somebody posted a comment confirming that I was definitely going. Who are these people that know my future in such detail?

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger John Dent said...

Oh man, I'm disappointed! I was hoping for a total stock landslide! :)
Looks like your Amazon scores are perfect too.
What remains is.....who do you want to be compared to? GRRMartin seems to be the leader at the moment.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Aidan Moher said...

Wow, two blogs posts in a row with a link to A Dribble of Ink!

I'm humbled, indeed!

Thanks for the shoutout, David. As you can tell I loved your book and will do anything I can to get people to buy it.

Good luck with Acacia! I can't even imagine what it must feel like on the day your book releases!

~Aidan
A Dribble of Ink

5:23 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Both you guys just got links from my blog as well. And John I slipped Bookie Monster into yesterday's blog also. One big, happy family!

Hey, I don't mind that one last book left in the store. For one thing, it was the end of shift, not the end of the day. So maybe...

I don't mind the GRRMartin comparison at all. The ironic thing is that I didn't read him until Acacia was done and in to my publisher. That was over a year ago. I've read him now, though, and enjoyed his work greatly. As far as fantasy goes he's right at the top of my favorite's list.

So the comparison is fine by me, even though I didn't write Acacia with him as a direct influence.

6:08 PM  
Blogger clindsay said...

Er, um yes - well - if you had given me a chance to email you your publicity update this afternoon, you would have known about that panel, mister!!!

Update on it's way, sir...

6:15 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Congrats! That's so awesome that you're getting kudos and sales are shaping up to be good. I'm going to hit up the bookstore in the next few days hopefully and then I'll pick up Arcadia. Congrats again!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

BTW, I just realized that I typed Arcadia instead of Acacia (moment of insanity). Sorry about that!

7:56 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Ah, so it's La Gringa that foretells (or is SHAPES?) my future. Shoulda known.

Megumi, way back in the long ago for a brief period Acacia was Arcadia. It didn't last long, though, because I didn't want the obvious connection with our world's mythology. But, just so you know, dear old Arcadia was rolling around in my head for awhile too.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home