Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Race, the final frontier?

Vanessa E Jones just published a piece on race and sci-fi/fantasy in The Boston Globe. I'm happy to say that Acacia: The War with the Mein is mentioned throughout and that I'm quoted a few times. It's a good piece as such things go, but as with any newspaper article on a complex subject I'm left aware of how very much wasn't discussed. They've got such limited space to work with, I guess, so it's to be expected. Looks like the content got picked up in abbreviated form in The Wall Street Journal Online also.

Hey, these are pretty nice mentions. I do have the final quote in The Globe piece also. Only thing is that the words I'm quoted as saying don't quite make sense to me. I know what I meant and what I think I actually said, but that's not exactly what's written there. Again, though, that's not much of a complaint. All in all I'd thank Ms. Jones for including me. (See how easy-going I am?)

As to what the article says, any thoughts?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Pam said...

I just read the article in the Boston Globe and immediately set out to locate you on the web. I am a BIG Sci-Fi fan, and wish you abundant success with your novel. I will be purchasing a copy soon.

All the best,

Pam
PageTurner.net

5:17 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Pam,

Cool. Thank you. I hope you like it. Let me know - especially if you do.

David.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

I met u at Hurston Wright years ago, but I am new to your books. I've been dying to get my hands on 'Acacia', which I've been unable to get so far. In the meantime, I'm reading 'Walk Through Darkness', which I'm really enjoying!

Have a great week!

9:57 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

strength/courage/wisdom,

Thanks for stopping in and thanks for reading my work! It's very good to know that the early novels like "Walk Through Darkness" and "Gabriel's Story" still find readers.

I hope you haven't been having trouble getting "Acacia", though. It should be readily available.

By the way, I like your taste in music!

12:03 PM  
Blogger zentinal said...

Since I'm in the first paragraph of the story, I felt I had to blog about it. Not about the more global issues brought up in Ms. Jones' article, but more focused on the personal.
http://www.doublefeature.com/unconventionaut/

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home