Saturday, July 14, 2007

Revolution Science Fiction

RevolutionSF has shown me love in several ways. They made Acacia: The War with the Mein the front page feature! At the moment it's HERE, with the Acacia map used prominently. If you click on the map it takes you to the "Baker's Dozen" interview I did with Rick Klaw. Nice. This would've been cool enough, especially as I think their site is great, smart and witty and well put together. It gets better, though.

They have a review up by Peggy Hailey. She talks about approaching the book warily, thinking she was largely done with epic fantasy quests and Book One's of new series, and especially with long Book One's. That is, of course, a scary way to start a review - from the author's perspective...

Ah, but what gratification follows! She liked the book, quite a bit it seems. Among other generous things, she writes...

"David Anthony Durham has pulled off something remarkable: a huge, sprawling epic that manages to weave together history, politics, intrigue and thunderous action scenes without ever losing track of the multitudes of finely-drawn characters."

Double nice.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

David,
I look forward to reading your books. I don’t know how I could have missed them until now.
I would also like for you to review my DNA project for the DURHAM surname. You can read about it at the link below.
In an effort to trace my ancestors to Scotland, Ireland, or England I have found that some DURHAM men came to the Americas through
the Caribbean.
I don’t know what you know of your ancestors, but becoming part of our study could validate what you know, as well as
give you insight into your ancestor’s origins. The test only requires a cotton swab sample from inside the cheek and it not expensive with our group rate.
Please contact me when you have time. I am sure you are very busy but please consider the benefits of joining our study.
Thanks,
Marshall Durham Jr.
317 Crown Ridge
New Braunfels, TX 78132
mdurhamjr@aol.com
phone 210 844-9593

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/durham/

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home