Saturday, January 19, 2008

Alex Espinoza and Daniel Alarcón in BOMB

Bomb Magazine. Terribly cool. I remember getting Bomb (not bombed, although I remember some of that, too) when I was an aspiring undergraduate writer. Loved it, wanted some of that urban hipness myself. It's been a while, but I spent a good deal of time aspiring to find a way into their pages. Never happened, though.

But I'm glad to say a friend of mine did make it in. Alex Espinoza, a colleague of mine here at Cal State Fresno, is featured in an interview with Daniel Alarcon, conducted by by Gabriela Jauregui. They're both accomplished and up and coming authors, and they both have a lot of interesting stuff to say about being writers, being American writers, Latino writers, etc. Check it out HERE!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Larry Nolen said...

Although I've yet to read his work, I've been meaning to check out Alarcón. Might have to add Espinoza to this as well :D

By the way, did you see Acacia's ranking on SF Site's Best of 2007 Editor's List? I know there's a link to it on Locus, since I'm a bit rushed for time here, but I thought you might be interested in that if you haven't seen it already.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Mr. Durham,

I'm here via Scott Oden's blog - he praised your books to the high heavens, so when I finally got an opportunity to pick up Acacia, I did so, post haste.

It is absolutely worthy of all the praise Scott heaped upon it. I can see where the comparisons to GRRM's Song of Ice & Fire come in - primarily in the children found in both series. Oh, and the surprise offing of characters. Ouch.

In any event, I just wanted to pass along my congratulations on this excellent novel. I'm anxiously looking forward to the next one!

11:35 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Larry,

No, I hadn't seen that. Thanks for the heads-up! I'm really pleased about this one.

Josh,

Hi. Sure, I remember seeing you at Scott's blog. So glad you picked up the book and liked it! I'm working on that next one...

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home