Monday, April 07, 2008

Juno's Pulitzer

Remember a couple weeks back when I posted nice things about The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diaz? Well, I did, and in that post I noted, "I wouldn't be surprised if we see his name linked to another award also..."

The award I was referring to was the Pulitzer Prize. I'm hardly prophetic, but I was right. Junot Diaz just scooped it. You can check out the website here: Juno's Pulitzer Prize.

If only I'd been a betting man... And if I lived in a country where anybody would bet on book awards...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger dweiums said...

Ha! Betting on book awards - this cries out for a really bad pun . . . Okay I'll do it - Bookie!
I feel better now.
Thanks for the news, this was my fav from last year. I'm doing the happy dance for Junot.

Diane W.
Black Author Showcase

7:12 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Diane,

Yeah, that was really bad. It did make me laugh, though. I feel a little better too, so I thank you for that!

You know, they do bet on the Booker Prizes in the UK. It's legal. Odds are taken. The bookies have a hand in it. And then the ceremony is televised with a fair amount of pageantry, a bit of bickering and a few personality clashes... It's my kind of sports event, really.

Which reminds me, a colleague told me to spend the day thinking good things about Jayhawks. I'm not quite sure what he's talking about, but this is me sending my vague positive energy out into the world. Go Jayhawks! Go Juno...

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home