Monday, May 12, 2008

A Review For German Readers...

Just in case you've found your way here because of the German edition of Acacia: Macht un Verrat, I thought I'd post a link to an online review I came across recently. I know, this is a little risky considering that I don't speak German, but my online translator makes the review sound pretty good. And the reviewer gave me 9 out of 10 stars! Very nice, and each good foreign review is relief. I mean, hey, I can have my own opinion about the English version. I can't always know how it's held up in translation, though...

Here's the review if you Sprechen Sie Deutsch.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Marrak said...

Yes, the review ist very euphoric - and it's not the only one ...

Unfortunately my English ist to lousy for an adequate translation (but maybe a little bit better than babelfish), so I leave it with the last sentence: "Summa summarum, impressive." ;)

Collegial regards from Hannover (North Mordor),
Michael

PS: The cover-artwork is great!

6:18 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Michael,

Hi. Thanks for writing and for confirming the good news! Nice to know that I'm known of in North Mordor...

Glad you like the artwork, too. I think Blanvalet got the right. Seems like everybody likes it!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I don't speak a word (well, I know a couple of words but that's it) but 9/10 stars pretty much says it all. Congrats!

10:40 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Hi Meghan,

Nine of Ten is highly satisfactory. What book deserves more than that? I mean, I love plenty of books that I'd rate... um 7 out of 10...

So being higher than that is just fine by me.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home