Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Shimmer Magazine

I was visiting Mary Robinette Kowals's journal and got reminded about Shimmer Magazine. Mary had slipped me an early copy a while back, and I enjoyed perusing it. I was especially pleased to see a story by D Lynn Smith called The Girl Who Lost Her Way. Debbie is an old friend from the Stonecoast MFA program, and it was a nice treat to find her story there.

Here's the quote from Mary's site:

Our 9th issue, now available! We've got 100 pages of Shimmery goodness in this issue: eleven new stories by authors including M. K. Hobson, Angela Slatter, and Stephanie Campisi; an interview with Dave Farland, a Lucy cartoon by Chrissy Ellsworth, and terrific art from Aunia Kahn (check out that cover!) and Sandro Castelli.


And here's the Shimmer website. If you've got an inclination to support smaller, independent publications you might want to check it out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Robinette Kowal said...

Thanks for the shout-out, David!

Debbie's story is quite wonderful.

2:14 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Mary,

My pleasure. And Debbie's story features a Maya! That's always a plus with me. ;)

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David: Thanks for the mention of my story! I've read a number of the stories in the issue and they're all wonderful.

You weren't there my graduation semester, but I'm making The Girl Who Lost Her Way into a short film. I showed a rough draft for my seminar. The good news is I just found some people to do the CGI (Computer Graphics Imagining) for me. Simon, Allison's Husband, did the artwork.

Thanks again for the mention.

10:40 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Hi Debbie!

No problem. It was a treat to see you story in there. I'll look forward to seeing this film one day.

-David.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home