Monday, October 13, 2008

Hannibal Goes to Rome...

I got a nice email the other day from a comic author named Brendan McGinley. He wrote to say that he enjoyed Pride of Carthage, and that it was the only fictional source about Hannibal that he consulted (along with many non-fiction sources) when he was researching Hannibal for a comic project. He gave me a link to sample the comic, and I'm going to do the same for you....

It's kind of fun. Informative but certainly comical as well. I liked it. You can sample it here yourself if you're interested. Go to Shadowline Web Comics and then pick "Hannibal Goes to Rome" from the Web Comics Menu. It's not complete, but it's a nice taster. Methinks it could be a book... Worthy topic, and all.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Brendan McGinley said...

Aw, shucks. I appreciate that, and I'm just glad you like it thus far. It's always good to hear that from someone whose work you admire.

9:39 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Aw, shucks back at ya. ;)

12:42 AM  
Blogger Beth Armstrong said...

Forgot how much I like a good comic. No Donkey in the mountain crossing illustration though. I am a bit miffed.....

3:23 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Yes, perhaps we should take Brendan to task for that. Where's the donkey?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Brendan McGinley said...

Hey hey, we put a donkey in during the Gallic ambush.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home