Monday, February 02, 2009

Le top 10 2008 de la redaction Elbakin.net

I have to say, I'm really pleased by this. I just found out that the good folks at Elbakin.net - a wonderful French language fantasy website - have chosen the French version of Acacia as one of their top titles for last year. Not only one of the top, it looks like Acacia: La guerre du Mein is the top pick! Wow... I'm thrilled.

The French rock, clearly. I've been there before so I know this to be true, and, if things go well, I'll be over there again soon to verify their awesomeness again. More details on that when I know them...

Here is the Elbakin.net Feature.

And here's an Amazon.fr link if you're interested.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

I always knew the French had fantastic taste! Congrats!

3:45 PM  
Blogger chapter11studios said...

"La guerre du Mein." Sigh. Ever notice how *everything* sounds just a little bit cooler in French?

I love seeing alternate covers to my favorite books, and this one's a keeper. Very nice, although I think my favorite Acacia cover so far is the UK edition. I wish the paperback cover print was available in hardcover.

Anyway, congrats on the well-deserved accolades, David!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The French rock"

That's an unashamedly un-American thing to say.

I'm appalled, sir.

12:41 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Anonymous,

I'm more concerned that it's also not terribly accurate. It's an Americanized expression of enthusiasm that doesn't really fit French culture as I know it. Thus, it's an unashamedly American thing to say, which is kind of embarrassing.

Oh... wait... Was THAT un-American to say?

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh... wait... Was THAT un-American to say?"

I have no idea, I'm not American.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Etan Iktho said...

Anonymous,

It's a little strange... You talk about "shame", "things to say"... and then you say : "I have no idea".

Not so strange, after all, as you gave the answer quite quickly.

Thanx

By the way : I am French and I rock.

8:11 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Ah... Etan Iktho,

Good to know. So I'll stick to my original statement, then. The French do, indeed, rock. It's confirmed!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home