Friday, August 21, 2009

UK Cover - The Other Lands

Might as well keep going with the cover theme...

I just got a few samples of the progress being made on my UK cover. It's been a bit delayed by various things, and at the moment it's still in the works. For all I know Transworld may ask me not to post this, but what the heck? I'll offer it and see what happens. This is the version (1 of 3) that I like the best:

So this may be the cover. On the other hand, I think they want to get a person in there, Dariel, looking out at the Other Lands. I'll let you know if that's what they go with instead.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Laughton and Patricia Johnston said...

Ah... just like coming into Lerwick. Love it. A great skua would be more aggressive looking but that's me being a picky ornithologist!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Josiah Cadicamo said...

Man you get some nice covers. Our cover is better though, more left to the imagination. Not to mention its just plain cool.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Josiah Cadicamo said...

HAHA i meant your US cover not OUR cover. . . : D

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my word! That's incredible! I can almost feel the pitching of the ship and the icy spray - that cover HAS to be from Dariel's POV - awesome! :-)

12:34 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Yes, Laughton, but the natives awaiting them aren't quite as hospitable as Shetlanders!

Something I do like about this one is that the artist really captures an aspect of what's described in the book. Those pinnacle islands... It's cool to look at it and realize "Hey, that actually looks like what I described in the book!"

It doesn't always feel that way.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Laughton and Patricia Johnston said...

They were Vikings once upon a time!

4:17 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Ah... Yes, there is that.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Jamey Stegmaier said...

David, you may have already answered this, but will The Other Lands be available in the Kindle format?

10:01 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Jamey,

That has been asked before. I've never answered definitively because I keep forgetting to pass the question on to Doubleday. I do assume it will be, though.

-David.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home