Friday, September 18, 2009

Day Two RE The Computer Looks A Bit Brighter

I've said it before, but I gotta say again that I'm a pretty big fan of the way Apple does things. Case in point...

After I posted yesterday I got a call from another guy at the Apple Store. He said he wanted to try some more things, and wasn't convinced the drive was totally shot. He kept the recovery program running all night, and then called me first thing in the morning. It still didn't look good, but he had another idea and said he'd be happy to keep working on it.

So, he called back again later in the morning. It looks like he's going to be able to retrieve stuff after all. It'll be a bit scrambled, but he thinks he'll be able to get photos, jpegs and other files back. And he thinks the harddrive will be functional afterwards also, so we may be able to swipe it clean and use it for backups. I should know for sure by the end of the day.

We'll be very happy if it works out this way. Yes, you might ask, but how much is all this costing me? And then I would smile knowingly and say, "Nada. Zilch. Nothing." (I probably wouldn't really say that, but I'd think it.) I even asked the guy why he was doing all this if they weren't going to charge me. He said it's because they like to do what they can, and the store isn't super busy so why not?

Nice. They'll have my business for a long time, I think.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Lavallee said...

That's pretty awesome.

There's one particular apple store round these parts where the employees are pretentious jack@$$es, but luckily, I think they're an exception.

Twelve miles up the road, in an even busier store, they're as awesome as they come.

Example: Once my brother was here on vacation and fried his iPod using a cheap "third party" car charger. The thing was shot.

The Apple Store guys were happy to replace the iPod, and even were able to get his songs transferred and re-activated.

Get that kind of service from Dell... :)

I've been in Mac lust for a while, now that I can dual boot with Windows it something I really want to do. Just about the money... someday...

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home