Monday, September 14, 2009

Praise From a Rock Star

Mega-prolific author Jay Lake just wrote a generous and funny review of Acacia: The War with the Mein and The Other Lands (Acacia, Book 2). I'm psyched. Jay is awesome, and it makes me very happy to hear that he likes my work too. Among other things, he wrote:

"Epic fantasy is so well established a genre that it’s always fascinating when someone comes along and tips over my expectations. Durham has done this in a big way."

Of course, there's also a level of pure relief in receiving all of these early responses. Each new reader that gets to the end of the book and gives it the thumbs up is confirmation that I haven't entirely driven the series off a cliff. Yes, all writers have moments of insecurity.

You can check out Jay's response at his website HERE. And it's safe to read. No plot details. Just enthusiasm!

(By the way, isn't that author illustration rock star cool? Snagged it from Jay's website.)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Lavallee said...

I'm spending too much time on Facebook. I kept searching for the "like" button on this post.

Great review, David. Thanks for sharing!

Can't wait for Shawn to mail me my copy of The Other Lands!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home