Sunday, January 10, 2010

Linkage

I'm away in Maine at the moment, doing my Stonecoast MFA duties. Very busy. Very busy. I'll make this a quick post, then, happily linking you on to some kindly Durham-related mentions.

For one, it appears that The Other Lands (Acacia, Book 2) has been nominated for a British Science Fiction Association Award. Nomination is just the first step, and I'll likely go no further. But hey, it's nice to get that far! HERE's a list of the titles up for it so far.

There's an interesting post via Suite 101 on The Best Fantasy Books of the 21st Century. I'm not sure what Suite 101 is, but the post does seem pretty thorough and informed. And - heh - I get a mention. It's HERE.

And over at Fantasy Book News there's a post on the Top 10 Fantasy Books for 2010 - as in, books they're looking forward to reading this year. I'm not sure all of them are going to actually get in print this year, but let's hope. I can say that Acacia will be around, because, of course, it already is... Check out their thoughts here.

Okay. I need to prepare for a reading tonight. I think I'll do a three parter. A bit of Walk Through Darkness. A little of Sire Neen in The Other Lands. And I may close - if I'm brave - with a scene from my Wild Cards story. We shall soon see...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Grats on your nomination and thanks for all the linkages! Always looking for interesting new fantasy reads...

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Steven Till said...

Congrats on all the award nominations! Here's hoping 2010 is another great year for you!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home