Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The Other Lands, Version Wee (Small)

The Other Lands is out in bookstores in the US as of yesterday!

I hope very much that it’s in a store near you. Go check for me. If it’s not, ask somebody in the store what they’re thinking! If it is… well, consider buying one. For a friend if not for yourself. Spread the word? Why not? They’re cheap at $7.99. They won’t exactly fit in a trouser pocket, but you could slip one in a coat pocket. And fall is coming - despite the 90 degree temperatures here in Massachusetts the last week. Anyway…

Oh, and I’m very pleased to remind Kindle readers that the ebook version is now $7.19. Yay! Discounted as it should be for you all. I hope that any folks that put off buying it at the higher price point will give it a shot now.

For my part… well, things are low key. I’m not heading off on book tour or any such thing. I’m up in the woods, walking the puppy, settling my kids into the new school year (we’ve homeschooled for several years, but they’re going to local elementary school this year, very exciting for all involved), and seriously buckling down on Acacia 3. (This is made easier because the kids are in school, actually.) I still have a lot to do, but the end is in sight. I’m going to finish this thing in the next few months, get it to Doubleday, and then hopefully we’ll stay on schedule for a late 2011 publication.

If you’re reading the series thank you for your patience.

If you’re not, we’ll how about starting?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger anniem said...

Awesome, congrats! I'm reading Other Lands right now, in hardcover, and loving it.

8:45 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thank you so much. I hope you keep loving it!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Dorin Mantoiu said...

Hi David, I read acacia and loved it, but there is absolutely no kindle version of the other lands, I searched everywhere on amazon and online stores, the only options is PDF but only for US...any suggestions ? Cheers, Dorin

12:00 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Dorin,

Very glad you liked Acacia! And sorry you had trouble finding The Other Lands in a kindle format. It is available, though.

Here's the US Amazon version:

http://www.amazon.com/Other-Lands-Acacia-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B002NEOKAW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1301678298&sr=1-1

And here's the UK Amazon version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Other-Lands-Acacia-Trilogy/dp/B00351YERG/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1

Let me know if those links work for you!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Many thanks David for your support, however it seems that The Other Lands can only be purchase if one has an US or UK account...guess I'll have to wait till it will be released to Swiss readers. Right now I am traveling and I can find the paperback nowhere...
Guess I'll wait!
Once again many thanks for your support and please keep on writing! :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Ah, I see... I was hoping the UK Kindle version would work for you. I have to say I'm not sure about the rights for ebooks. Some things seem to be happening a bit slowly - including that I wasn't even sure there was a UK version until recently. I think the books will spread - it might just be a little while.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home