Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hugo Nominees

Howdy. Back from a wee trip to Florida, catching up with some family I haven't seen in about ten years, stroking alligators, getting an actual sun burn... That last embarrasses me, but I guess I've emerged from the New England winter a pale version of my former self. Oh well.

I wanted to mention that the Hugo Nominees have recently been announced! I love the Hugos. My only experience with them so far was getting on stage to pick up the John W. Campbell Award a couple years back. Very, very fond memory. If I have my way, I'll get back stage one day for a big "H".

I've got nothing in competition this year, though, so there are no sour grapes at all in pointing at the Nominees!

In the Best Novel Category, we have:

Blackout/All Clear by Connie Willis (Ballantine Spectra)
Cryoburn by Lois McMaster Bujold (Baen)
The Dervish House by Ian McDonald (Gollancz; Pyr)
Feed by Mira Grant (Orbit)
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin (Orbit)

The rest of the list is available at the Renovation website: HERE.

By the way, in case you didn't notice, four of the five are female authors! The Guardian thought that was deserving of note, and talks about it HERE.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home