Monday, September 12, 2011

Fantasy Literature Sunday Updates

Here are signs of a little attention coming toward The Sacred Band. Over at Fantasy Literature several bloggers/reviewers have mentioned the series.

Robert Thompson of The Fantasy Book Critic has finished it. He calls it a "rewarding conclusion to THE ACACIA TRILOGY".

And right after that Stefan Raets mentions beginning the series. He was into the first book as of the post, and is planning on continuing with The Other Lands as he anticipates the release of the final book! I love that. I hope there are a few more folks out there that will start the series now that the end if confirmed.

The post is HERE.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Neth said...

FYI - I'll get my review up in the next day or two. I enjoyed it.

1:03 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Neth,

Cool! I'm very happy to hear that. Thanks for seeing the series through!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Neth said...

It's up now.

http://nethspace.blogspot.com/2011/09/review-sacred-band-by-david-anthony.html


Also, are you going to update your website? And specifically, is there an updated map with The Sacred Band?

5:04 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks so much. That's a terrific review. I'm very pleased that the novel (and series) worked for you as well as it did.

I appreciate your assessment about your getting more comfortable with my writing style as the books progressed. It was quite a journey for me, and I can see that my writing style has evolved during the process. At the same time the books did end up being what I imagined at the beginning. It just took me six years to find my way through it all.

Anyway, Neth, thanks for the time and attention, and for all the kind words.

Yes, the website will get an update. I've sent lots of changes on to my webmaster. He's rather buried beneath a lot of other commitments right now, but hopefully he'll be able to give the site some time before the book actually pubs. I certainly intend to get the new map up there too. I don't have that file right now, but the request is in for it at Doubleday. It'll come eventually.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home