Monday, October 31, 2011

Who Fears Nnedi?

I was thrilled to learn that Nnedi Okorafor's novel, Who Fears Death, has just won this years World Fantasy Award. Yay, Nnedi! I'm not surprised. To quote the blurb I offered her a couple years back...

"WHO FEARS DEATH is urgently topical, at times brutal, and always wholly original. It’s no surprise she’s been racking up awards. There are more to come, surely."

Also, I'm just as thrilled that my friend and Stonecoast MFA Program colleague, Elizabeth Hand, won in the novella category for "The Maiden Flight of McCauley's Bellerophon".

Congrats to you both!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lucylucia said...

If you're recommending the book then I am off to Amazon. Mr. Durham - I am almost finished with the Sacred Band and I just want to tell you what an absolute pleasure it has been! Thank you!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

That's great. Very glad to hear it!

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home