Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The OF Blog on The Sacred Band

There's a terrific review of the new book up at the OF Blog. Larry makes lots of insightful points and - as far as I'm concerned - is really sharp in his analysis. But, that may be because he clearly liked the book a lot!

His piece does include some significant plot details, so be warned. I can happily quote his conclusion, though:

The final pages bring full circle the promise of the earlier volumes, making The Sacred Band one of the most satisfying and fulfilling epic fantasy conclusions that I have read in recent years. The Sacred Band is easily one of the best 2011 epic fantasy releases and it is one that I highly recommend to readers here.

The full review is available HERE.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Too bad you couldn't throw these quotes on the back of the book. I was surprised there wasn't more quotes for Sacred Band. Sad face.

11:15 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Yeah, that's always a pain. They had book and jackets printed ages ago. The PW review came through early, but most don't start until a lot closer to pub date. If they didn't have other quotes for the series they might hold out the jacket printing longer, but... in this case they've got good quotes from the earlier books. And, hey, they (and I) want to sell those other books too...

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Rialus said...

Thank you for these amazing books mr Durham!I am currently rereading The Other Lands,i just hope i will finish it before The Sacred Band arrives.I really can't wait for the conclusion!

5:28 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Rialus?

I'm not sure I can trust you...

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Ethan Iktho said...

Mmh...

First reviews are clearly laudatory, and people start to take nicknames from your characters...

I'd say these are good signs...

7:29 PM  
Blogger David said...

There should be a book club! I have no one to geek out with on what is going on in Sacred Band!

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Rialus said...

Well yes my favourite characters are Corinn and Hanish but i have a soft spot for Rialus i guess.I mean i know he is a weasel but his chapters are quite entertaing.

9:20 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

I'm a fan of the weasel myself.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home