Friday, October 14, 2011

Underwords Interview

Erin Underwood has just put up an interview she did with me on her website, Underwords.

I know I'm biased, but I think it's one of my better interviews. Erin asked really interesting questions - a mixture of serious ones and random ones. Want to know about the cows peering in my window or what my super power is? Want more on the Spartacus Bunny Wars?

Erin tried to get the answers out of me. Admittedly, I sometimes dodged.

But... you will find in the interview my most candid admission yet that I've been working on a fantasy series for kids! Oh my.

Go take a look. It's HERE.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamey Stegmaier said...

Great interview. I thought the part about the tendency towards increase the size of the world and the story is particularly insightful, both for Acacia and for fantasy writers in general. This part in particular:

"That urge toward gigantism in epic fantasy is completely understandable. I mean, what gets an author more invested than creating an entire world and all the people in it? Of course we want to stay in those worlds for as long as we can! But that’s clearly not a good impulse in lots of ways, including that we drag stories out in ways that can be pretty self-indulgent–not to mention callous to our readers."

Really well said, David.

I finished The Sacred Band this past Sunday, and it was an extremely satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. It's a remarkable work that I'll be recommending to people for years to come.

Also, I'm intrigued by that solarpunk concept--I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with that one!

3:04 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Jamey,

Thank you, sir. I appreciate your appreciating my thoughts. And I'm very glad to hear you like the way the series ended.

Care to put that in writing (someplace other than here, I mean)?

I'm prompted to ask if you might express some of your thoughts about the interview over at Underwords? I'm sure Erin would be glad to hear from you.

And... solarpunk... yeah baby!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jamey Stegmaier said...

Sure, I'd be happy to comment on Erin's post! I'll head over there right now.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home