Monday, November 28, 2011

Neil Gaiman's Record Label

I just noticed a piece at Salon.com that I found quite interesting: Neil Gaiman's Audiobook Record Label.

And then I got an email asking me about pronunciation for the upcoming audiobook of Pride of Carthage. The two things together prompted me to blog!

So, read up on Gaiman's audiobook publishing venture. It's cool, and certainly good news for audiobook fans. I don't have any connection to Neil on this, but the audiobook of Pride of Carthage that's going into production is related, in a way.

Audible.com and the ACX program are trying to make it easier for writers to connect directly with narrators to get audiobooks made that might not otherwise. That's exactly what's happened with Pride of Carthage. It's the only one of my books without an audio version. That had always bothered me. I mentioned this to Dick Hill - the narrator of my Acacia Trilogy - a while back, and he proposed that we partner on the audio version and publish it ourselves on Audible. So that's what we're doing.

If all goes well, an audio version of the book will be available sometime in the spring! It'll sound just as professional as any other version. It's produced in the same way, really. It's just that the "risk" of production is shared between us. As are the eventual sales. (Hoping that there will be some...)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous majortotositepro said...

Wonderful, what a blog it is! This weblog gives useful facts to us, keep it up. 메이저사이트

1:33 AM  
Anonymous racesiteinfo said...

What’s up to every one, the contents existing at this web page are truly remarkable
for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows. 경마사이트

1:34 AM  
Anonymous yadongbiz said...

Nice one! thank you so much! Thank you for sharing this post. Your blog posts are more interesting and impressive. 한국야동

Click this link
야설
일본야동

11:22 PM  
Anonymous koreayadongcom said...

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it! 야동

Click this link
국산야동
일본야동

11:25 PM  
Anonymous japanyadongcom said...

The article has some good and serviceable information. It was very well authored and easy to understand. 국산야동

Click this link
한국야동
국산야동

11:26 PM  
Anonymous chinayadongnet said...

Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one. 한국야동

Click this link
야동
일본야동

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home