Friday, February 03, 2012

Rise of the Apes, Maybe

Last night we watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I rather liked it for lots of reasons. Pretty cool to see a pre-apocalyptic movie. I kinda dug that.

Part of it prompted an exchange I found humorous.

After an episode where Caesar (a highly intelligent ape) pummels a human neighbor, he gets put into custody. He's not happy and feels abandoned. As the screen shows his distraught face as his humans leave him, my son, Sage has a question for me...


Sage looks at me, all seriousness, and asks, "You wouldn't do that to me, would you?"


"What, leave you in a facility with a bunch of troublesome apes?"


He says, "Yeah."


My daughter, Maya, says, "Sage, you wouldn't chase a man down the street, beat him and bite his finger, would you?"


Sage hesitates a moment, thinks it over, and finally says, "Maybe."

Sage was definitely relating to the apes in this one.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home