Thursday, April 26, 2012

Move Completed

It wasn't easy. There were soooooo many things to organize as we moved our family of four (plus cat and dog) across the ocean. Much stress, so many opportunities for things to go wrong. Amazingly, it all went rather smoothly. There was only one mishap...

I won't go into too many details, but it involved a large, upset dog that made an explosive mess in his crate at the airport. For a scary moment, it looked like we wouldn't be able to fly. I volunteered to... ah, clean the crate, though. That's what I did. As the other passengers boarded the plane, I got on my hands and knees, rubber gloves and a roll of paper towels in hand, and went to work. Not fun. I got it done, and we flew. The pup did alright in the end.

All is well now. Well, almost...

We're not actually living in our house yet. We have renters in it that still have a few months on their lease. Instead, we're staying in an uninsulated one-room lakeside shack. No kidding. It's lovely, but it's just a step above camping. It's been pretty cold as well... We're grateful, though, for the loan of the place.

So, that's what I've been up to. Hopefully, I'll be posting here regularly again. And, hopefully, I'll have some actual news soon!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan (Targh) said...

That all sounds very character building. A little too character building, if you ask me.

Animals are tough to transport over short distances, let along long ones. One of our cats still hasn't forgiven his sister for crapping all over him as a kitten in a carry case over 10 years ago.

And from your later post you're going to France in a month? You picked a great time to move a long way away from France!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Mary Robinette Kowal said...

Congratulations on surviving the move.

11:01 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thank you. It was quite a thing, I have to admit.

By comparison, an all-expense paid trip to France will be a great luxury. I'll leave the pets at home.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home