Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Reiche Ernte

I'm aware that I haven't posted anything since crash landing back in the States. That's partially because there's been so much to do, and partially because my internet access isn't what it used to be. Basically, I'm living in black out spot for the next couple of months. I can only get online by hopping in the car and going out to a local library, or the Montague Book Mill - which is where I am now.

Of course, stuff has been happening. Hopefully, I'll be able to announce some very interesting new developments soon. Before that, though, I'll just offer up a new cover! I just discovered it online. It's for the German edition of The Sacred Band, which is call Reiche Ernte (Rich Harvest?). The book itself isn't out until next March, but here's how it's going to look:


If I'm reading things correctly, that artist is Melanie Wanda Miklitza. Check out her sight for a look at the original artwork.

Whaddya think?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ethan Iktho said...

Nice cover.

And then I just asked myself : "When does the scene occur in the book ?" ;-)

Truth be said, can't remember.

11:48 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

You know the book well, as do I. But... I can't really say what moment that is either.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anubis said...

Yep, Reiche Ernte translates as »rich harvest«.

It is very likely that the cover illustration doesn't even depict a specific scene of the book. German fantasy covers usually follow closely defined trends, and right now, sinister hooded figures are the big thing in cover illustrations (before that, it was swords or axes sticking in the ground). But the artist specifically says on her website that she wanted to stay close to the design of the previous German covers—which I appreciate, although I liked the German covers of the first two novels better.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home