Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Reviewed and Covered

I noticed a couple of very nice Acacia mentions today.

One is a review of The War With the Mein over at Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy. The reviewer, Bryce, is kind enough to conclude with:

"If you're dying for something to read while we wait for George, Acacia just may be the perfect interlude. I can't believe how close I was to passing on this series, what a huge mistake that would have been. Acacia is exactly the kind of epic fantasy I love."

And that's what I love to hear!

Also, Staffer's Book Review has a little piece of my mainstream publisher, Doubleday, doing genre covers. Fortunately, the Acacia Series works for him. He doesn't have an equally high opinion of some the Dday's other visual offerings.

One interesting thing about the article is that it mentions two sff titles that Doubleday has published recently. Add last year's zombie novel Zone One, by Colson Whitehead, to that and Doubleday is putting out more sff/horror titles than they've done for quite a while.

Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home