Tuesday, March 05, 2013

No Return

A few days ago I mentioned a story collection from a former student at Stonecoast.

Before that an anthology edited by two former students.

Today, I'm pleased to point you toward a novel by a former Stonecoast student, Zachary Jernigan!

His debut novel, No Return pubs today from Night Shade Books.

What's the book about? Lots of weird stuff. Click over and get the details. Here, I'll just point to what I myself had to say. I wrote:

"A visionary, violent, sexually charged, mystical novel -- No Return challenges classification. Clearly, Zachary Jernigan has no respect for genre confines. His tale of gods hanging in the sky and a “constructed man” with glowing blue coals for his eyes and a motley band of fighters navigating a harsh landscape peopled by savage creatures and religious zealots… Well, it’s pure genius. Here’s hoping it’s just the first of many such works from this guy."

Now, only the authors own credit for all this publishing success, but I will submit that there's something very good in the water of Coastal Maine. Aspiring writers of speculative fiction - check out the Stonecoast MFA Program!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David,
I remember workshopping the sample chapter of No Return with you and Zachary at Stonecoast. It was actually my first workshop there--the epic fantasy one you did. Anyway, it's great to see that my fellow Stonecoasters are getting published! I'll have to pick up No Return asap.
Shawn

3:33 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Yeah, it's good, and Zach put it all together stunningly fast.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Top 100 Products said...

Greeat reading your post

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home